The Hemi Sync audio CD’s are extremely well known in the brainwave entrainment world. They offer a large range of binaural beat recordings that use their own patented Hemi Sync technology that has been scientifically and clinically proven to be effective.
Hemi Sync is part of the Monroe Institute which was one of the first research institutes binaural beats. There are a few different pros and cons that one should be aware of if you are considering trying their products.
What do they Offer?
Hemi Sync offers a wide variety of binaural beats CD’s. They vary in length but on average they are around fifty minutes. They offer a 100% guarantee and their prices start around $10.00 and go up.
Their technology uses multilayered audio signals that work directly with the brainwaves in order to create all sorts of specific states of consciousness.
There is a reason that this company has been so popular… there are lots of positive benefits including:
- Their selection is very large. There is a recording that will appeal to most anyone and fit most people’s needs.
- They offer quite a bit of scientific data to back up the quality and effectiveness of their products. They have done the research and the testing and it is all there for us to read which helps to build trust.
- They happen to be one of the original brainwave entrainment pioneers. They have been studying this field for quite some time and have many brilliant people working on their team. They are here for the long run and likely their products will just keep getting better.
- Their recordings only use binaural beats. Although they have proven to be very effective there is newer technology available today such as monaural beats and isochronic tones that have proven to be even more effective as well as to work faster.
- Their recordings are all on CD’s and can not be downloaded in MP3 format as some other companies offer.
Common results with the Hemi Sync CD’s are:
As mentioned above they have a wide variety of audios and each one is tuned to a different frequency to create a specific desired response. Some common results however are:
- Deep meditative states
- Less stress and anxiety
- Sharper focus and concentration
- More creativity
- Deeper and easier sleep
There are a lot of different brainwave entrainment companies out there and more and more are showing up every day. Whether you choose to try Hemi Sync or another product the thing to remember is to only use original, raw recordings.
Some companies will offer stock recordings which tend to really lack in quality. Hemi Sync is good… I believe there are others that are better, but you can’t go wrong with their low cost CD’s as you can count on their good quality.
Source by Allison Mac
Today sound is being used in more and more fields of media production. So is there software to make it easier for us to work in these different fields?
My first introduction to sound design, like most people I guess, was through film, after all who doesn’t like a good sounding movie. That introduction started my long fascination with the power of sound and how it can be applied to different mediums.
Today’s digital technologies open up all sorts of possibilities in productions of all types. Sound design software can allow us to successfully apply audio design to one or a combination of production fields such as;
So, although I have not worked in all of these areas, I have been lucky enough to work in a few and have formed associations with professionals from others. I have put together a small essential list of design software and the fields that they may be used in.
Logic Pro – Sound designing, editing and composing platform. (Mac)
Protools – Industry standard recording and editing platform. (Mac & PC)
Choosing one of these software will enable you to;
- Mix and produce music tracks
- Design individual sfx
- Record foley and live performance
- Score to film or video
Qlab – Multimedia and live show automation (Mac)
Cricket – Live Theatre sound design (Mac)
SCS – Show Cue System: Multimedia and live show automation (PC)
SFX – Live Theatre sound design (PC)
Choosing one of these software will enable you to;
- Cue music and effects to live action for theatre
- Cue music and effects for installations
- Cue audio to be triggered via midi
- Cue video for projection
Sound design – Soundtrack/Music/Noise
Alchemy – A sample manipulation software platform for designing specialized sound effects from your recordings.
- Designing stylized or custom sound effects
- Great for creating highly detailed sample manipulations
Gaming/Interactive sound design/Therapeutic
Fmod Designer and API – Gaming audio design, Fmod is a library and toolkit package for composing and playback of interactive gaming audio.
- Creation of soundtrack for interactive media
- Create layered effects
- Design interactive soundscapes
- Produce non-linear music compositional structures
- Audition and profile your final game soundtrack, mixing it live while in testing phase of game
There are many software solutions out there, some good, some not so good. This list of sound design software will help you to realize your creative vision in whatever field(s) you choose!
Source by Carl P
The internet is one of the most reliable sources of information and these days it is not only used for research but also for many things like business and education. With the advent of technology, our lives have changed dramatically. The internet, for one, has totally changed the educational system of our country.
Long ago education can only be attained by attending classes in a classroom-setting. However, with internet and a mobile device one can now enjoy the hassle-free online educational programs being offered by prestigious schools and educational institutions. The influence of the internet has made man’s life more comfortable and easier that obtaining an education is possible even for those individuals who are bus managing their business and for busy moms at home.
The old cliché that “there is nothing permanent here on earth but constant change” is definitely true and even our mode of education and communication has constantly changed over the past years. Long ago, our source of information was by means of letters, telegrams and word-of-mouth. But now we can access all sorts of information within just a matter of seconds. All it takes is a fast internet connection and a mobile device. The biggest change that our country has experienced with the presence of internet is how education can be obtained. The traditional method of teaching- where professors and students can see each other face to face to send and receive information is now replaced with videos and reading materials that can be easily accessed online.
However, despite the fact that online education is becoming popular in this generation there are still people who aren’t familiar with the online education aspects. So, how does the speed of internet affect online education? How can students take advantage of online learning? Some people argue that the quality of education of our country is slowly depreciating and this has worsen now that we have the distance learning in existence. Is it really true that distance learning is a trash?
Many questions continue to haunt people as we go forward to the generation where internet is constantly evolving but many people, especially those who have tried online education, can say that the information being offered by distance learning is as timely and concise as the ones being offered in traditional schools.
In the future, I believe the a fast internet connection will greatly benefit those who are investing into online education.
Source by Jenny J Peterson
Hey listen – blogging is serious business! Like literally – it is! And if you friend, family member, loved one or spouse is a blogger (or vlogger/video blogger) than you know just how serious it is to them! I began blogging in the early part of 2000, while it was still in it’s infancy. Back then, it was still taboo and most people kept their online hobby on the down low. Now here we are, a decade later, social media has taken over the internet and blogging has become a way of life for many. As we approach the holidays, birthdays or other special occasions – you are probably asking yourself – “What special gift can I give to th blogger in my life?”. I’ve put together a list of the top gift ideas for the blog fanatics!
1. Services: There are a few essential items that a blogger will need when he or she decides to take their website to the next level. Many will begin on free platforms such as Blogger (formerly known as BlogSpot), WordPress.com or Typepad, however if they want to be taken seriously – moving to a dedicated host (i.e. an independent.com) is a must. Having your very own website is a relatively simple process – you just purchase your domain name from a provider like GoDaddy.com and register for hosting service, with a company like HostGator.com. You can purchase a domain for as low as $1.99 with coupon codes, and hosting packages for as low as $4.99 – $9.99. Give the gift of a full year of hosting service paid upfront. For less than $100 – your loved one will be on their way to super blogger status!
2. Website Templates and Design: After your blogging friend upgrades to a dedicated hosting service and their own.com, they will then need to decide on a blog platform and begin to build their website. WordPress.com is the most popular CMS (content management system) available. It’s a free software that’s available in a one-click install via the HostGator.com hosting service. It’s the most versatile platform on the web, however – the “out of the box” install comes with one standard template that is pretty boring and plain. What I personally love the most about using WordPress is the ease of building a great looking website. There are literally thousands of web templates available on the net, a great number of them are free. Now, I’m not one to turn my back on “free” – but when it comes to establishing yourself as a reputable blogger and building your brand – it’s best to go with one of the Premium WordPress themes. Premium themes can cost anywhere from $25 to $150 – but it’s money well spent in my opinion. You get a streamlined, modern looking web template that you can edit to your discretion – and most packages come with support for a limited (or unlimited) amount of time. My favorite WordPress premium template sites are WooThemes and StudioPress. These are, hands down, the go-to sites for quality themes and support.
3. Services: As a blogger, I know there are a ton of tedious tasks that must be done on the back-end if you really want to be successful in your chosen blog niche. Some of these assignments include managing a Facebook Fan Page, building back links, banner or logo design and building your social network. As mundane as they are, they are crucial to the success of a website, I like to outsource many of this tasks – doing so frees up my time to do other things (such as the actual blogging!). My favorite outsourcing site is Odesk.com – I’ve been able to hire workers to do tasks for as little as $2 per hour (yes, it’s true!). If there’s something that needs to be done, and it’s able to be outsourced – Odesk.com is the best place to go to find quality pre-screened talent who are competitively priced and ready to work!
4. Organization: An organized workspace is essential for successful bloggers. Similar to your office workspace – a website owner needs a place to store important books, items, drives, and a quiet place to work. If you’re bedroom has turned into a blog headquarters – it is a good time to dedicate a portion of the house just for their online hobby. If you have an extra room – spring for a high quality desk and chair. The desk should have enough space for multiple computers and/or computer screens, as well as a printer, scanner and hard drives. If you’re pressed for space, opt for a mobile desk – like the FoldAndStow mobile desk from StacksAndStacks.com.
5. Gadgets: In taking a brief, informal survey – there was one item that every blogger selected for their holiday wish list, and that was a new laptop! We aren’t casual internet surfers, there are days when I can spend hours working on my laptop, researching, writing, editing photos or doing general maintenance on my websites. Because of this, the computer of a dedicated blogger goes through more wear and tear than average. We need computers with a ton of space, wireless capabilities, easy to tote, and multi-media friendly.
Of course you can always go for the top of the line, coveted Macbook Pro, just keep in mind that there tends to be a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the Apple products. Macbook Pro will run between $1999 and $2500, but they are known for security, durability, and includes all the bells and whistles. Generally speaking, Macs last a long time, although you’ll pay more on the front end – you will save a ton over the years as well.
If a Mac is out of the question, you’ll want to look for a laptop that is portable – thin, light with a decent sized hard drive. Netbooks are affordable, sleek, effective, and strike a balance between mobility and performance. I also find the standard notebooks to be great alternatives to Macbooks. I’d recommend the Sony Vaio Laptop (notebook) above anything else.
Source by Blair Cooper
There are many divination systems out there, that allows a person to foretell the future events. Europe is famous for Tarot cards, that became a symbol of the western occultism. China on the other side is known for I-Ching, complex and mystical art of hexagrams. And the cold North is known for Runes, magical symbols given to humans by gods. Which system is the best, which one should you choose?
This is a question I’m often being asked when people begin their journey into the occult arts. Many wants to learn some divination system, as they perceive it as mandatory element of their occult practises. Well, you can literally divine from everything – bones, ash, tea, coffee, MacBook Pro if you want – because the object you’re using for divination purposes is just a way of focus. For example, in popular scrying (often known as crystal ball reading) the crystal ball is a mean of focus only and there’s no difference if you’re going to use a crystal ball, a quartz, a mirror or a glass of your LCD monitor.
Personally, for beginners I recommend one of three divination systems – European Tarot cards, China I-Ching and Norse Runes. Which one should a beginner choose? Well, I-Ching is very complex and it requires great interpretation skills so you would have not just learn all the hexagrams possible (and there’s a lot of them, 64 to be accurate) but also different ways of interpreting them. But if your memory is good and you have a plenty of time for learning, then I-Ching will be the best choice – it’s most accurate divination system when used properly.
And if you believe you want something darker and more mysterious, then I recommend learning about Tarot. This 500-years old European system is one of the most mysterious, and at the same time it’s probably the easiest to learn – it requires some time, too, but in the end within few weeks you can start giving readings for people.
And probably the most difficult not to learn, but to use, is runic systems. 24 runes are easy to memorize, and there are easy to cast, but interpretation is very difficult. In most cases, you need to use your innate psychic abilities in order to understand the meaning of cast runes, and the message they contain. That is why runes, probably the most powerful of divination systems, are also the hardest to use on daily basis. But being an accurate runecaster means you earned a respect and skills.
Which one would you choose? Try each system if you want, try to feel which one works better for you, and then pursuit further. Do not try to learn all the divination systems, there is no need for that. If you will learn one good enough, it will provide you with answers to all your questions. Seek perfection with one system, and not minor skills in all.
Source by Nathaniel Webb
When your computer starts to break down, it can be difficult to decide between fixing your computer or getting a new one. Considerations such as time and budget restrictions have to be taken into account. In order to find the option that works best for you, here are some of the pros and cons of repairing or purchasing a computer.
Pros of Repairing a Computer
If you have been using your computer for a long time, it might have years’ worth of information and documents in it. Transferring all of that information into a new computer can be time consuming and frustrating. The good thing about repairing a device is that all of your pre-existing files stay in your machine. You do not have to extract any information or invest in external hard drives.
Another pro associated with repairing is the familiarity of the machine. Different makes and models vary slightly even if they perform the same functions. You might be used to your keyboard or you like how easy it is to navigate your computer’s internal software. When you repair your device, you keep your existing preferences.
Many technology experts also take matters into their own hands by taking older machines and creating super computers. They purchase old devices at a fraction of the cost and outfit them with extra storage, faster processors, and better graphics. If you have the money, it might be a good idea to take your existing device and custom make it into a super computer.
Cons of Repairing a Computer
The costs associated with repairs can often be more than the price of a new computer. Older computers might have internal components that are no longer manufactured. It is similar to finding the parts of a classic car. These parts will cost more because they are now rare and hard to find. For some people, it might be worthwhile to simply invest in a new machine.
New machines also have processing systems that are up-to-date and current. This means that they run faster, they process information quicker, and they can facilitate new software easier. Integrating new programs into an old machine can be difficult since older technology might not synch with new programs.
Whether or not you decide to repair your computer or purchase a new one is really based on your personal preferences. If you have a smaller budget, you can either do basic repairs or you can invest in a cheaper machine. If you can afford to pay more, you have the choice between creating a custom-made device or investing in an advanced new computer. Both options are viable and can help you with both business and with life.
Source by Noah Zee
The new HP TouchSmart dx9000 Business PC and TouchSmart IQ500 Series all-in-one desktop computer bring a new level of interaction to desktop computing that caters to multiple environments. The ability to mount the HP TouchSmart with a variety of alternate mounting systems, such as wall mounts, kiosk stands, and zero footprint articulating arms, allows for this innovative computer to be strategically placed to attract customer usage, and to also correctly position the touch-enabled interface for a more inviting and comfortable interaction experience for the user.
Creative individuals have posted homemade methods for attaching the HP TouchSmart to VESA compliant mounting systems, just like any standard LCD monitor display would be mounted. Unfortunately, these methods do not correctly attach to the back of the HP TouchSmart to properly hold its weight. Also, the modifications made to the computer ultimately void its warranty by HP.
The HP TouchSmart dx9000 and IQ500 needed to have the ability to be mounted in order for the full potential of their touch-enabled technology to be realized. The VESA mount adapter bracket would need to be designed in a way that it would not require any modifications to be made to the HP TouchSmart for warranty purposes, and also correctly support the weight of the computer. iVERSAL has developed this solution. The VMAHP-22 VESA Mount Adapter from iVERSAL will correctly integrate to both the HP commercial TouchSmart dx9000 Business PC and consumer IQ500 Series desktop; providing the correct VESA mount interface for these computers to be used with VESA compliant mounting systems having the 100mm x 100mm mount hole pattern, and also providing the correct weight capacity for the computer.
“VESA” Mounting and the HP dx9000 TouchSmart Business PC and HP IQ500 Series All-in-One Desktop
For individuals who may not be familiar with the term “VESA” or “VESA Compliant”, VESA stands for “Video Electronics Standards Association”. VESA is an international non-profit corporation, which represents corporate members worldwide. VESA promotes and develops relevant, open standards for display manufacturers and the display mounting industry.
VESA standards provide specific guidelines for the mount hole pattern, placement, hardware, and guidelines to mount display monitors. VESA also sets the standards for the pad or mounting apparatus to be utilized by equipment manufacturers based on the size of the screen and monitor’s weight.
Source by Scott Powers
Moving to a new country is a fun and exciting experience, but there can be numerous technology challenges associated with relocating abroad. If you own an Apple iMac computer, you may find replacing the main power cord a bit of a challenge.
Unlike most of Apple’s products, the iMac can’t use the popular World Traveler Kit, which comes with plug adapters for six different countries. Why can’t the iMac use the adapter kit? The iMac doesn’t have a removable plug (or the white box that plugs into the wall). Instead, it’s one thick power cord from the back of the computer/monitor to the wall.
What complicates the situation is the it isn’t possible to buy a European power cord for your iMac from Apple in the United States. It cannot be purchased in Apple stores, online or over the phone. If you aren’t in a rush to use your computer when you arrive, you can purchase a cord over the phone in your particular European country.
But, if you need to be up and running soon after arriving, it’s important to purchase your new cord for your iMac before departing. Thankfully, there are a handful of online retailers that provide access to generic European power sources and that can be purchased in the United States. The key is knowing the proper search terms to find and purchase the product.
Here are three search phrases we’ve used to find the right product:
- European power cord for computer
- PC european power cord
- Computer plug for use in Europe
Since it’s not possible to test your new power source before you leave, it may be prudent to visit a computer store in your new country of residence to ensure that you’ve purchased the correct product.
Source by Kate Hash
The avatar is something which has become a normal part of life in the 21st century. We use an avatar generator on many of the websites we visit. But each time we create an avatar we enter a new body and we can adopt an entirely new personality. We also interact with other people’s avatars. So with the avatar becoming such an important part of our lives, should we really start transitioning into these virtual bodies so quickly?
Why Avatars are Awesome
Avatars are a fantastic way to introduce yourself to people. You can hang up your skills and promote yourself all over the Internet. It prevents people from clashing with your personality and it allows you to set the tone for anything you do. For example, if you were writing about computer technology you could include something geeky in your avatar to match the audience.
Your avatar is an extension of your personality. If you’re a writer you can add a pen or a book to your avatar. Many sites now offer an avatar generator which can accommodate these additions.
Avatars appeal to an audience. They make socialising far less intimidating and encourage people to mix. If a part of your avatar has something which matches your interests, you can go in with confidence. You don’t have to worry about potentially finding out you have nothing in common with the person in question.
Why Avatars are Not Worth the Hassle
When you create an avatar you nearly always ask yourself whether it’s worthwhile. If you’re talking to people you already know there’s not a lot of point in having an avatar. Furthermore, we are now revealing more and more details about ourselves. There’s rarely a reason to have a little figure which reveals our interests when we can just write them down. Another factor is the way the Internet, and life, moves. What was relevant in the morning isn’t necessarily relevant in the evening. Things change in our lives. We use multiple brands. We have different moods. An avatar just can’t keep up with these things.
2. Trust Issues
If you’re hiding behind an avatar your real face isn’t there. If they can’t see you why should they trust you? For all they know, the middle-aged office worker they think they’re talking to could turn out to be an old man sitting in a retirement home. There’s no way to discover the truth if someone is using an avatar generator.
3. Future Markets
The pull to ‘create an avatar’ remains just a fad like any other. It doesn’t have a permanent position in the world of the Internet, like email and instant messaging services. Eventually, the avatar will disappear. Customers and clients demand more from the people they speak to. They want to know they’re talking to a real person, and the only way to do this is to appear in person via webcam. With attitudes and desires changing, the future of the avatar as a widespread entity isn’t good.
Source by Denise Beresford
World’s topmost company Microsoft Corporation developed a format better known as Windows Media Video or WMV in short which is basically used to view videos in a computer or laptop. This type of video format works well with any of the common players like Windows Media Player, Real Player, VLC Media Player, KM Player, Win amp and not to forget the giant Power DVD. The first version WMV 7 which was developed in the year 1999 and was successful.
One of the major reasons for using these files is that it allows mega capacity videos to be easily compressed without affecting their quality. These files can be played by the use of a set of codecs. A codec is a small program that can read a file, create video and audio formats from the data given.
WMV files when played on PC
There are few basic yet essential streps required that you need to follow to play such files in your personal computer.
1. If your computer already has a Windows Media Player program, WMP, then update its latest version so that you can play those video files properly. You can do this by downloading from the Microsoft Windows Media Player website. But, In case you are not able to view these on your system, then Windows can give you an error message mentioning that WMV files cannot be opened. For this, you need to identify which program can open those files or your registry may be damaged.
2. Now, open the Windows Media Player from your PC and select the video file to be played.
3. You can select multiple files to be played in WMP.
4. If you do not wish to use WMP, then you can use other players that support this format such as Win amp, Power DVD, VLC etc
WMV files when played on Linux
Windows Media Video can be played in Linux using a compatible media player. Linux supports Video LAN Client or VLC player through which you can play your files. VLC player supports format of WMV files directly. Some of common players usually used in Linx are Boxee, Real Player, Mplayer and Helix Player.
WMV files when played on Macintosh
You can also run your video files in the Mac OS using the Mac Version of Windows Media Player. Apple computer supports Apple Quicktime media player which can also play WMV files. For this, you need to install File4mac plugin. It is a freeware that can be downloaded from Microsoft website.
WMV files cannot be played on Vista since it is an operating system. It doesn’t play anything.
Happy tuning to all viewers!!
Source by Rupa R Sinha